The Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society is pleased to announce that our 2018 abstract submission website is open.
Submission Categories: Cardiac, Thoracic
Material deemed appropriate for presentation before the Eastern should meet the following criterion:
- Original, new and significant scientific work.
- The submitted Abstract should not be similar to work submitted to, or under consideration by, other organizations and/or journals.
- Major updates and/or significant follow-up on established procedures and/or research.
- Additional definition of previous studies that modify in a major way an understanding of techniques or technologies.
- Abstracts and surgical movies must summarize an original contribution and must not have been presented, published or accepted for presentation or publication elsewhere.
Presentation formats include:
- Oral Presentations will be 6 minutes in duration followed by an additional 3 minute question/answer period. These will be scheduled over Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Poster boards will be on display throughout the Annual Meeting. Several posters will be selected for presentation during a one hour poster round with the attendant author(s) available to present the poster for 4 minutes and discuss the poster for 4 minutes minutes.
- Surgical Video Presentations will be presented during a one hour evening movie night with each movie lasting 6 minutes followed by 4 minutes for discussion.
- Crazy Case presentations will be 10 minutes in duration followed by an additional 10 minute question/answer period. The crazy case is a challenging case that illustrates innovative techniques and pitfalls.
All abstracts that are not accepted for oral presentation or surgical video presentation qualify for poster board presentation.
Awards will be presented for best oral cardiac abstract, best oral thoracic abstract, best poster cardiac surgery and best poster thoracic surgery as selected by the Program Committee. To receive an award, authors must be present at the annual meeting.
The Eastern will accept abstracts through Sunday, August 19, 2018, 11:59 PM EST for the 56th Annual Meeting at the Opal Sands Resort, Clearwater Beach, Florida, October 17-20, 2018.