Main Line Health System, an award winning not-for-profit five-hospital health system serving parts of Philadelphia and the western suburbs, seeks an experienced or newly trained Thoracic Surgeon to join its growing Thoracic Surgery program.
Main Line Health System is a community academic program with a general surgery residency, Institute for Medical Research, and academic affiliations with three medical schools.
- Join two other highly respected Thoracic Surgeons
- Participate in a comprehensive cancer center team which includes, Medical and Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Advanced Practitioners, Oncology Certified Nurses, Geneticists, and Radiologists (Diagnostic and Interventional)
- Perform general thoracic surgery across the system
- Join a Department of Surgery committed to innovation and minimally invasive surgery including robotics
- Train general surgery residents (Lankenau Medical Center and Thomas Jefferson University)
- Teach medical and physician assistant students
- Main Line Health System serves over 1.6 million people.
- Highly competitive base salary plus potential income through a RVU production bonus
- Signing bonus along with a very comprehensive benefits package
- Research opportunities through Lankenau Institute for Medical Research
- Internal funding opportunities for investigator initiated protocols
- Potential for academic appointment at Thomas Jefferson University
- Whether you live on the Main Line or in one of the several beautiful counties just outside of Philadelphia, you will find outstanding public and private schools, beautiful homes, historic landmarks and sites, and an abundance of social and recreational amenities.
- Enjoy fabulous restaurants and shopping in Philadelphia and throughout the area.
- Philadelphia and its suburbs are known for their exceptional universities and colleges (The Main Line is home to the 2016 and 2018 NCAA Basketball Champions – The Villanova Wildcats).
- The Philadelphia Eagles are the reigning Super Bowl Champions
- The Jersey shore and Baltimore are 1 1/2 hours away, and it is just 2 hours to New York City and Washington, DC.
There are a number of excellent Thoracic Surgery positions available but few will offer you this level of professional and personal satisfaction while affording you excellent financial rewards and a great location to live. I welcome you to contact me to learn all the details of this exciting practice.
Interested candidates please contact:
Vice President of Recruiting